Amazon tried a novel marketing strategy to get more eyeballs (or eyestalks) on a new Prime Video show: it beamed the first episode of sci-fi series Night Sky out of Earth’s atmosphere.
Click here to read the story at Engadget.com.
- What is publicity?
- What is a marketing stunt?
- Why do brands engage in marketing stunts?
- Based on information from this story, describe the latest stunt from Amazon.
- What is Prime Video promoting?
- What do you think Amazon hopes to accomplish with the stunt?
- In your opinion, is the introduction of a stunt like this more effective for generating publicity than traditional advertising? Why or why not?