If semiconductor shortages, recession risks and the once-a-century shift in propulsion weren’t enough to keep auto executives up at night, here’s one more sleep disruptor: Consumers are keen to buy an Apple car before one even exists.
Click here to read the story at Bloomberg.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Apple a brand?
- What are some other examples of car brands?
- What is brand loyalty?
- How might this story represent an example of brand loyalty?
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in business?
- How might Apple be able to innovate the auto industry?
- What is a product life cycle?
- Which stage of the product life cycle might Apple’s vehicle be?
- What do you think Apple would need to do to be successful in selling its cars from a marketing perspective? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.