The makers of brand-name products such as Tide detergent and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese are bolstering their defenses against store-brand rivals like Walmart’s Great Value products as shoppers’ budgets start to show signs of strain due to persistent inflation.
Click here to read the story at nbcnews.com.
- What is consumer behavior?
- Why is it important for company’s to understand consumer behavior?
- What does this news story tell us about consumer behavior as it relates to purchase decisions in the current economic climate?
- What is pricing?
- Why is pricing an important component of the marketing mix?
- What is positioning?
- How might pricing represent a positioning strategy?
- What is a brand?
- What is a store-brand?
- Why are the sales of store-brands so strong right now?
- How are other brands like Kraft and Clorox responding?