The Oculus Quest 2 has entered the marketplace with a lower price point ($299) and higher praise from reviewers and vocal social media fans. According to experts, this is an important first step for virtual reality (VR) – which has thus far failed to live up to expectations among both consumers and marketers. It is also a significant opportunity for Facebook, which bought Oculus for $2 billion, to play in a whole new arena.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- Why do you think Facebook acquired Oculus?
- Why do you think Oculus has failed to live up to expectations for both consumers and marketers (according to this news story)?
- Why do you think Facebook lowered the price for the new product?
- What is publicity? What is an ad campaign?
- How do reviews impact product sales? Ad campaigns?
- How might virtual reality provide a unique marketing opportunity for brands?
- In your opinion, will Oculus become a success with consumers? With marketers? Why or why not?