As spending forecasts paint a dour outlook, brands like Amazon and American Eagle are pulling out all the stops.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is seasonal marketing?
- Does “back-to-school” represent a seasonal marketing opportunity for businesses and brands?
- What types of businesses and brands might benefit most from a back-to-school marketing campaign? Why?
- When do you think businesses and brands start to develop their “back-to-school” marketing strategies?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent the target market for a typical back-to-school marketing campaign?
- Who is Gen Z?
- According to what you learned in this news story, what is American Eagle doing to reach their target consumer with back-to-school marketing?
- What is nostalgia marketing?
- Why do you think it is such a popular marketing trend?
- What is market research?
- How might the data reported from Deloitte’s annual back-to-school survey benefit marketers?
- What did this year’s Deloitte report tell us about consumer behavior during this year’s back-to-school shopping season?
- According to this story, how might businesses and brands respond from a marketing perspective?
- The article suggests one thing they might do is “double down on value”. What does that mean, and why might that be a smart strategy?
- What is social media?
- How might social media be used by a business or brand for marketing purposes?
- According to this story, what is American Eagle doing on social media to promote back-to-school products?
- What is Threads?
- Why do you think American Eagle is using Threads as a platform to reach its target audience as part of this year’s back-to-school marketing?