While the big turkey is perhaps the most classic of Thanksgiving traditions, each year someone comes up with a new way to enjoy it–from Tofurky in the 1990s to the Restaurant Brands International owned Popeyes Cajun-Style fast food turkey that dates back to 2001.
Click here to read the story at thestreet.com.
- What is seasonal marketing?
- How might this story illustrate the concept of seasonal marketing?
- Why do you think some businesses and brands offer seasonal product and specials?
- What is promotion?
- Why types of business and brands might benefit most from Thanksgiving themed promotions?
- What is one example of a business or brand launching a Thanksgiving themed promotion from this news story?
- What is nostalgia marketing?
- How is the Baskin-Robbins Turkey cake an example of nostalgia marketing?
- Why do you think nostalgia marketing is such a popular trend?
- Can you think of any other Thanksgiving themed promotions that you have seen recently? What was it? What was being promoted?