Bed Bath & Beyond (BB&B) is known for its frequent coupons, sent in the mail and via email to lure customers into stores by promising 15 percent or 20 percent discounts off bedding and other home accessories. However, in a bid to boost profits and be more competitive on pricing with its competitors, the company is planning to scale that back.
Click here to read the story at mytotalretail.com.
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- What type of promotion is couponing?
- Why do you think Bed, Bath & Beyond offers coupons?
- Why is the company planning to scale back on the number of coupons it offers, according to this news story?
- Who might represent their new target audience? Why?
- In your opinion, is this a good strategy for the company? Why or why not?