A total of 10 shoppers meandered the vast and visibly sparse aisles of a Bed Bath & Beyond in Northern Virginia on a recent Sunday.
Click here to read the story at npr.org.
- What is bankruptcy?
- How do businesses go bankrupt?
- Does bankruptcy automatically mean that the business will close? Why or why not?
- According to this story, how did Bed Bath & Beyond go bankrupt?
- What is promotion?
- What type of promotion best describes the use of coupons?
- Why was that such an important strategy for Bed Bath & Beyond?
- What is the difference between e-commerce and retail?
- The article suggests Bed Bath & Beyond “missed the boat” on e-commerce. What does that mean and how did that impact the company?
- What is competition?
- According to this news story, what are three examples of competitors that have adversely impacted Bed Bath & Beyond?
- Why do you think those stores had an impact on Bed Bath & Beyond?
- This news story suggests Bed Bath & Beyond is in search for an identity. What does that mean?
- How might that provide an example of positioning?
- What is a marketing plan?
- What is a business plan?
- Could a successful business and/or marketing plan help to get Bed Bath & Beyond back on track or do you think the company will be shuttered forever? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.