Ask any expert how to make a classic American hamburger, and the secret is the meat: 80/20 beef is the gold standard for gastropubs and backyard BBQs, meaning that 80% of the mix is lean protein, and 20% is luscious, flavor-delivering fat.
When Beyond Meat launched its first Beyond Burger in 2016, it modeled its plant-based patty after 80/20 beef, integrating its mix with saturated fats from sources like coconut oil.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is product development?
- What is innovation?
- What do you think the difference is between product development and innovation?
- Why is product development and innovation to businesses?
- What makes Beyond Meat an innovative company?
- Why do you think Beyond Meat created a new product given the success they have had with its first two generations of Beyond Burgers?
- What is product launch?
- What might Beyond Meat do to successfully launch the third generation of Beyond Burger products? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.