Bitcoin has suddenly rocketed higher, climbing almost 5% over the last 24 hours to highs of $53,750 on the Luxembourg-based Bitstamp exchange.
The latest bitcoin price rise, coming just days after the cryptocurrency broke through the closely-watched $50,000 level, means the combined value of the 18.6 million bitcoin tokens in circulation are now worth over $1 trillion—double the $500 billion it started 2021.
Click here to read the story at Forbes.com.
- What is cryptocurrency?
- What is bitcoin?
- What are stocks?
- Are stocks the same thing as cryptocurrency?
- Why do you think Bitcoin has increased so much in value?
- What does it mean that Bitcoin has reached a $1 trillion valuation?
- Do you think Bitcoin will continue to increase in value? Why or why not?
- Do you think other cryptocurrencies have an opportunity to increase in value as bitcoin continues to surge? Why or why not?
- What risks might be associated with investing in bitcoin? Do you think the risk level is the same as other cryptocurrencies? Why or why not?