Would casting a buffalo with wings as the sassy spokescreature for Buffalo Wild Wings be too on the nose? Well, yes. But Anomaly did it anyway, through the miracle of CGI, in its first work for the venue tagged “Let’s Go Sports Bar.”
Click here to read the story at musebycl.io.
- What is branding?
- Why do you think some businesses choose to use a mascot with their advertising?
- How might a mascot be representative of the brand?
- Who is Buffalo Wild Wings’ new mascot?
- Why do you think BWW introduced a mascot?
- How do you think the brand will use the mascot in its marketing?
- Why do businesses and brands use slogans and taglines in their advertising?
- What is positioning?
- What is the slogan BWW is using for this ad campaign?
- What message do they hope to communicate to consumers with the slogan?
- How might that fit with the brand’s positioning strategy?
- What does “snarky” mean?
- Why do you think the new mascot has a snarky personality?
- Do you think that is “on-brand” for BWW? Why or why not?