Restaurants are testing robotic solutions to help staff kitchens as one way of dealing with the labor shortage.
Buffalo Wild Wings is testing a robotic solution described as “the only robotic chicken wing frying solution designed from the ground up for high volume restaurants.”
Click here to read the story at chainstoreage.com.
- What is labor?
- What is a labor shortage?
- Why do you think restaurants are currently dealing with labor shortages?
- How do labor shortages impact businesses like Buffalo Wild Wings?
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in business?
- Why would BWW be interested in robots that can fry chicken wings?
- What is a “high volume restaurant” as referenced in this story?
- What other tasks might a robot be able to assist with during a labor shortage at a restaurant?
- What risks might be associated with introducing robots to replace workers?
- In your opinion, is this a smart strategy for BWW to explore? Why or why not?