Chatter among fashion followers went into overdrive yesterday when VF Corp.—owner of brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, and Dickies—announced it would acquire streetwear pioneer Supreme for $2.1 billion.
For Supreme, the move could hardly seem more opposed to its ethos.
Click here to read the story at qz.com.
- What is an acquisition?
- Why would VF Corp. be interested in acquiring Supreme?
- What other brands does VF Corp. own?
- What is a brand?
- Why is branding important to companies like Supreme?
- What is market research?
- What is a focus group?
- According to a study conducted last year, how do consumers view the Supreme brand? How did they determine how consumers viewed the brand?
- Do you think the acquisition could potentially have a negative impact on Supreme? Why or why not?