The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is gearing up to place the same type of stringent protections it places on credit card companies on the “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) industry, following the release of a recent study on the practice.
Click here to read the story at investopedia.com.
- What is BNPL?
- Why is financing an important function of marketing?
- How does BNPL represent an example of the finance function of marketing?
- Why would a business offer BNPL options for consumers?
- Why might they not want to offer those options?
- Why do you think the government regulates businesses in the United States?
- What government agencies are responsible for protecting consumers?
- Why might the government want to regulate BNPL practices?
- What are ethics?
- Do you think BNPL practices are ethical? Why or why not?