With vaccines (and boosters) widely available, and more people feeling comfortable with holiday gatherings, “Friendsgiving” celebrations appear to be back in full force this year—at least judging by the wide variety of restaurant deals themed to the informal holiday.
Click here to read the story at restaurantbusinessonline.com.
- What is Friendsgiving?
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- What is seasonal marketing?
- What is market research?
- What is the difference between primary research and secondary research?
- What information did Tyson discover through their survey about Friendsgiving?
- What type of market research was used to discover that information?
- How might Tyson benefit from that information?
- Why do you think companies and brands engage in promotion tied to holidays?
- What types of companies or brands might benefit most from Friendsgiving promotions?
- Of the promotions discussed in this news story, which was your favorite? Why? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.