It’s understandable why the mayor’s office and tourism gurus sought to refresh Chicago’s global image with a new marketing campaign and tagline released a week ago.
Click here to read the story at chicago.suntimes.com.
- What is tourism?
- How do cities benefit from tourism?
- Why is tourism important to the city of Chicago?
- How do you think marketing might influence where tourists may want to visit?
- What is branding?
- Why is the city of Chicago hoping to “refresh” its global image?
- What is a tagline?
- Why do companies sometimes use taglines as part of their branding and marketing strategies?
- Based on information from this story, describe Chicago’s tourism marketing campaign.
- What is Chicago’s tagline for this marketing campaign?
- Why does the author of this story think the tourism campaign missed the mark?
- Do you agree with the author? Why or why not?
- If you were a marketing professional tasked with developing a campaign to draw more tourists to the city of Chicago, what would you do? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.