For the year of the Tiger, many luxury brands are deciding to court Chinese consumers on tiptoes. Caution is essential since marketing campaigns for this holiday have been often criticized for cultural appropriation and misinterpreting ethnic traditions.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is a luxury brand?
- What is positioning?
- How does the concept of positioning relate to luxury brands?
- What is seasonal marketing?
- Why is an effective seasonal marketing strategy particularly important to luxury brands?
- This news story reports that the Lunar New Year celebration is the most important holiday in the biggest luxury market. What does that mean and why is that important to a luxury brand?
- What is global marketing?
- Why is it important for marketers to understand their consumers before creating a global marketing campaign?