Chipotle Mexican Grill announced Wednesday it will open a new spinoff restaurant, Farmesa, a “fresh eatery concept” serving customizable bowls in California.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is brand extension?
- Do you think a “spinoff restaurant” might represent an example of brand extension? Why or why not?
- Based on what you learned in this story, has Chipotle tried to launch spinoff restaurants in the past? What happened?
- Why would Chipotle be interested in launching another spinoff restaurant?
- Based on what you learned from this story, describe the concept behind Farmesa.
- What is positioning?
- How is Chipotle positioning the Farmesa restaurant?
- Why do you think Chipotle is using that positioning strategy?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent the target market for Farmesa?
- Why do you think the concept is launching in California?
- What do you think must happen before Chipotle considers expansion of Farmesa restaurants beyond California? Why?