Chipotle Mexican Grill is opening its first digital-only restaurant in the U.S. this weekend as it leans into the pick-up and delivery model customers increasingly want.
The concept, located in Highland Falls, N.Y., requires customers to order in advance online or through a third-party delivery company, it said.
Click here to read the story at fortune.com.
- What is a “digital only” restaurant?
- What is e-commerce?
- Why would Chipotle open a digital only restaurant?
- Do you think digital only restaurants will become a popular industry trend? Why or why not?
- How might a sound digital marketing strategy help restaurants like Chipotle to reach more customers?
- The article suggests Chipotle customers can pick up orders from a digital lobby that will have the “sounds, smells and kitchen views” of a traditional restaurant. Why might creating a fun experience for consumers be important for the digital only restaurant concept to succeed?