Take heed, heat seekers and hot sauce heads. Cholula, makers of one of the most iconic, unique, and popular Mexican hot sauces, has just announced that it’s branching out with a line of three different salsas and three varieties of taco seasoning.
Click here to read the story at tastingtable.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Cholula a brand?
- How would you describe the Cholula brand?
- How do you think consumer perceive the brand?
- What is brand strength?
- What is brand loyalty?
- What is brand extension?
- How strong do you think a brand must be for a brand extension to be a success? How important is brand loyalty?
- How might this story demonstrate the concept of brand extension?
- Why would Cholula want to branch out by offering more than just hot sauce products?
- Why do you think they decided to launch salsa and taco seasoning?
- What is a product launch?
- Why is a product launch important to the short and long-term success of a new product?
- What is promotion?
- What is the promotion mix?
- Why is promotion important to the launch of a new product?
- If you were a marketing professional at Cholula, what type of promotion would you consider for the launch of its new salsa and taco seasoning products? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.