With the arrival of cable and satellite TV in the 1990s, national advertisers switched to brand-building on TV screens. Brands such as Asian Paints, Fevicol, Cadbury and Vodafone used the reach of mass TV to propagate their message.
Click here to read the story at digiday.com.
- What is advertising?
- What is an advertising channel?
- How does this story represent an example of an advertising channel?
- Why do businesses and brands use more than one channel as part of an ad campaign?
- How do you think they determine which channels to use?
- What is cinema advertising?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, is cinema advertising growing? Why?
- Will cinema advertising eventually eclipse traditional TV advertising? Why or why not?
- Have you ever seen an advertisement at a movie theater? What was it?
- Based on the data presented in this story, does cinema advertising provide an attentive audience? Why might that be important to advertisers?