Coke’s new flavor is out of this world.
At least, that’s the idea behind Coca-Cola Starlight, a new limited-edition version of the classic soda that comes in regular and zero sugar.
Click here to read the story at cbs46.com.
- What is product development?
- Why do companies like Coca-Cola introduce new products?
- What is innovation?
- The new product comes from Coca-Cola Creations, the company’s new “innovation platform”, as described by the news story. What do you think Coca-Cola hopes to accomplish with this initiative?
- Why do you think Coca-Cola discontinued some of its brands like Tab?
- Based on information from this story, describe Coca-Cola’s new ‘Starlight’ flavor.
- Why do you think Coca-Cola has not yet released detailed information about the new flavor?
- Based on information from this story, describe Coca-Cola’s “new” marketing strategy.
- Why do you think Coca-Cola has shifted their approach to marketing in the last few years? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.