With a century’s worth of iconic holiday imagery (including polar bears, penguins and the modern version of Santa Claus), Coca-Cola’s holiday marketing has become intertwined with the yuletide season. Many traditions have been upended by the COVID-19 pandemic this year, driving the brand to offer fans a way to acknowledge those who deserve an extra thanks.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- Can you think of a Coca-Cola holiday ad from previous years that resonated with you?
- Why do you think Coca-Cola has been so successful in the past with their holiday marketing campaigns?
- Based on information from this story, describe Coca-Cola’s holiday marketing strategy this year.
- How might that past success have influenced Coca-Cola’s strategy for this holiday season?
- What is product positioning?
- How might Coca-Cola’s decision to feature ‘holiday heroes’ on its packaging and labeling represent a positioning strategy?