Coca-Cola’s launch of its soda with coffee is notable for including drone delivery in a stunt campaign that plays off the name of Coffee County, which is about 180 miles away from the company’s headquarters in Atlanta. The tiny robot aircraft have gained more attention since Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO, in 2013 announced the e-commerce company had been secretly testing drone delivery of packages.
Click here to read the story at fooddive.com.
- Why do you think Coca-Cola launched a coffee-flavored soda product?
- How might this new product create an advantage over Coca-Cola’s competition?
- Why do you think Coca-Cola partnered with Walmart for this marketing stunt?
- How do you think Walmart might benefit from the partnership?
- What is publicity?
- How might publicity benefit Coca-Cola with the launch of the new product?
- How might this stunt generate publicity for the brand?
- What is distribution?
- How might drones create a new distribution channel in the future? Do you think that is a viable distribution solution in the long term? Why or why not?