Few startups have an elevator pitch like: We’re resurrecting the Woolly Mammoth to save the planet.
If it sounds more like the logline to another Jurassic Park sequel than a serious business, it isn’t: This is the mission of Colossal, a company that is already on its way to producing the tusky behemoth — and also plans to spin off more immediately practical genetic technology breakthroughs for mundane species (like humans) to advance medical treatments, drugs, and reproduction.
Click here to read the story at entrepreneur.com.
- What is a startup?
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important to a startup?
- Why is funding important to a startup?
- What are some different ways a startup can secure funding?
- In addition to funding and innovation, what factors might contribute to the success of a startup?
- What type of company is Colossal?
- Why do you think the company is already so valuable?
- What can an aspiring entrepreneur learn from Colossal’s early success?