Brands often fail to realize that a good customer experience starts with good customer service. And consumers won’t put up with it, according to the 2021 State of Digital Customer Experience Report.
Of the consumers polled, 40% are likely to jump ship from cell phone, cable, utility or insurance companies for better digital CX. And 32% will leave after one bad experience.
Click here to read the story at mediapost.com.
- What is customer service?
- Why is customer service important?
- Can you think of one example of a time you experienced great customer service?
- Can you think of a time when you experienced poor customer service?
- How did those experiences impact your perception of the company or product and/or decisions relating to future purchases?
- According to this story, what perecentage of consumers will leave a company after just one bad experience?
- Why does that illustrate the importance of customer service?
- What do you think companies can do to improve customer service?
- What is market research?
- What can companies learn from the research shared in this study?