Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: A major international company is leveraging its tech platform and the data it has amassed on consumers to drive revenue for advertisers.
Click here to read the story at costar.com.
- What is advertising?
- What is data as it relates to advertising?
- Why is data important to advertisers?
- How have new data regulations impacted companies like Facebook and Google?
- Why is data important to Marriott, both in terms of how they develop marketing strategies and with the new advertising platform they plan to introduce in partnership with Yahoo?
- Based on information from this story, describe this new initiative from Marriott and Yahoo.
- How might Marriott benefit from this partnership with Yahoo? How might Yahoo benefit?
- What is brand loyalty?
- Marriott is allowing advertisers to connect with the hundreds of thousands of consumers who are signed up for their rewards program. In your opinion, how might that impact levels of brand loyalty moving forward?
- The author of this story suggests that Marriott’s new advertising platform could actually be a good thing for consumers. Why?