Brands are moving quickly to adjust their marketing in response to the pandemic, and Ace Metrix suggests that certain types of messaging resonate with consumers. Ads that discuss the coronavirus are perceived as more relevant and likeable, signaling that, though news of the pandemic is omnipresent, many people want to discuss it and see how businesses are adjusting to fit new needs and mindsets.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- According to survey results referenced in this story, do consumers think brands should respond during the coronavirus pandemic?
- In your personal opinion, should brands respond during the pandemic? Why? How so?
- Do you think there is a risk associated with advertising during a health crisis? Why or why not?
- According to this story, should brands be referencing the pandemic by name? Why or why not?
- Why do you think the CVS, Olive Garden and Sam’s Club ads ranked high on likeability? Why is that important?