Bananas come in all shapes and sizes, and that might be the fatal flaw of the “banana for scale” meme—you have to see a banana in-person to know how big it is. A banana could be small enough to fit in a lunchbox… or it could be 40 feet tall.
Click here to read the story at adweek.com.
- Based on information from this story, describe this marketing stunt from Dave & Buster’s.
- What do you think Dave & Buster’s hopes to accomplish with this marketing stunt?
- What is experiential marketing?
- Why do brands engage in experiential marketing?
- How might this story represent an example of experiential marketing?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How do you think the banana for scale meme might encourage consumer engagement?
- How might Dave and Buster’s benefit from that engagement?
- Why is social media an important aspect of this marketing effort from Dave & Buster’s?