I, like everyone else alive, hate washing dishes in the sink. According to Procter & Gamble, washing dishes is the second most hated chore behind cleaning the toilet—and during the pandemic while we eat at home more often, we’re spending up to 25 minutes a day on the task.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in marketing?
- How might this story represent an example of innovation?
- What is packaging?
- How might the concept of packaging relate to marketing?
- Who is Procter & Gamble?
- What brands fall under the P&G umbrella?
- Based on information from this story, how would you describe P&G’s new packaging strategy for Dawn dish soap?
- What is market research?
- How did research impact the new packaging for Dawn dish soap?
- According to this news story, it took a long time to develop the new packaging. How many years of research and testing went into the development of the new bottle?
- Why do you think P&G would invest that long into the development of new packaging?
- Do you think P&G will release new packaging for more of its brands and products in the future? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.