Over the past few weeks, Delta Air Lines has been testing a new phone system to handle calls from customers. If you call, you might hear a pleasant voice informing you that the company is “testing an enhanced phone experience so you’ll notice a different main menu.”
Click here to read the story at inc.com.
- What is customer service?
- Why is customer service important?
- Describe an example of a positive customer service experience you have had in the past.
- Describe an example of a negative customer service experience you have had in the past.
- How did each of those experiences influence your liklihood to do business with that company again? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.
- Why do you think companies use automated phone systems for customer service calls?
- How do you think those systems impact levels of customer service?
- According to this story, what is Delta doing that is upsetting customers?
- Why do you think Delta chose this strategy?
- How do you think customers might respond? And how might Delta respond accordingly?