In October, Delta Air Lines and Starbucks announced a partnership that allowed SkyMiles members to link their account with their Starbucks Rewards account and earn additional benefits in both programs.
Click here to read the story at inc.com.
- What is brand loyalty?
- Why is brand loyalty important to brands like Delta and Starbucks?
- How do you think rewards programs help to build brand loyalty?
- Why do you think Delta chose to partner with Starbucks?
- Based on information from this news story, was the partnership a success? How so?
- Delta will soon offer free WiFi for SkyMiles members. They generate millions annually from sales of WiFi. Why would they offer it for free?
- What is competition?
- What is competitive advantage?
- How might free WiFi provide Delta with a way for differentiating the airline from competing airlines?
- How might free WiFi represent a positioning strategy for Delta?
- What else could Starbucks do to incentivize consumers to sign up for their loyalty program?
- What else could Delta do to incentivize consumers to sign up for the SkyMiles program?