Destination BC has announced it is launching a $6.7 million marketing campaign with the goal of attracting international visitors to the province in 2022 and 2023.
Click here to read the story at checknews.ca.
- Where is BC?
- Why is tourism important to BC?
- What is destination marketing?
- Why do you think BC has an organization dedicated to destination marketing?
- According to this news story, how much will Destination BC be investing in this marketing campaign?
- What is a target market?
- What is the difference between domestic and international travelers?
- Why do you think Destination BC is targeting international travelers?
- What is Destination BC’s message to consumers in this campaign?
- How might that represent the concept of positioning?
- Based on information from this story, what advertising channels will Destination BC use as part of this campaign to reach consumers? Why do you think they chose those channels?