One person’s trash can feed someone else in need … and likely wasn’t even trash in the first place.
An estimated 1.4 billion tons of food is wasted each year, with 40 million tons coming from the U.S., more than any other country in the world, per Dole Sunshine.
Click here to read the story at musebycl.io.
- What is sustainability?
- Why do you think brands care about sustainability?
- Do you, personally, care about sustainability?
- What is your reaction when you see brands engaged in sustainability efforts?
- Why do you think they are promoting those efforts?
- Why do you think Dole, specifically, is focused on food waste?
- Based on information from this story, describe Dole’s food waste initiative.
- What do you think Dole hopes to accomplish with this campaign?
- In your opinion, will they be successful in accomplishing those goals? Why or why not?
- If you were working for a brand like Dole, what ideas might you have to help reduce food waste and help to fight world hunger? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.