This Halloween, Donkey has you covered!
DreamWorks’ lovable sidekick is letting you vacation in Shrek’s Swamp! Guests of the animated early 2000s classic Shrek can soon call the ogre’s stumpy, secluded haven home thanks to Airbnb.
Click here to read the story at people.com.
- What is a marketing stunt?
- Why do you think businesses and brands engage in marketing stunts?
- What is publicity?
- How do marketing stunts help businesses and brands to generate publicity?
- Why is that important?
- What is entertainment marketing?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, describe Airbnb’s Shrek-themed marketing stunt.
- Why do you think Airbnb partnered with DreamWorks’ for this Shrek-themed marketing stunt?
- Why do you think Airbnb isn’t charging anything to stay in the Shrek-themed property?
- Why is the property available for just a few days as part of this promotion?
- What do you think Airbnb hopes to accomplish with this stunt?
- What is seasonal marketing?
- Why do you think Airbnb chose to launch the Shrek-themed rental in time for Halloween?
- How might that represent an example of seasonal marketing?