DoorDash and Shake Shack are pooling their resources for a nostalgia-themed campaign as couples celebrate the first Valentine’s Day of the COVID-19 pandemic era. Millions of people are avoiding restaurants and bars, many of which are operating at limited capacity because of local restrictions, making Valentine’s Day a homebound occasion for lots of couples. By sponsoring a livestreamed concert with Boyz II Men and offering special menu items and branded swag, DoorDash and Shake Shack aim to help people celebrate a romantic evening with food delivered to their homes.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why do brands engage in promotional activities?
- What are the different forms of promotion?
- What type of promotion best describes this initiative from DoorDash and Shake Shack?
- What is partnership?
- Why do you think DoorDash and Shake Shake partnered for this promotion?
- Why do you think they wanted to launch a promotion tied to Valentine’s Day?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do you think DoorDash and Shake Shack sponsored a Boyz-II-Men concert as part of this promotion?