Marking the second Earth Day to fall during a global pandemic, similarly to last year activations have shifted online in lieu of physical gatherings.
The past 12 months have put the environment under tighter focus, with people learning to live more sustainably under Covid-19. And with the pandemic underlining the importance of brand purpose, there has been a definite increase in brands pushing sustainability further up their agenda.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is the purpose of Earth Day?
- Why do you think brands want to be a part of the Earth Day conversation?
- Do you think all brands want to be a part of the Earth Day conversation? Why or why not?
- What is sustainability?
- Why do you think sustainability is important to companies?
- Based on information from this story, describe one example of something a company engaged in an Earth Day promotion.
- Based on the information from this story, which brand had the best Earth Day promotion? Why? Be prepared to discuss your opinions in class.