The full-self driving car is about to take a step closer to reality. Tesla CEO Elon Musk said Tuesday that the test version of company’s Autopilot system will be released in “a month or so.” While he didn’t describe its capabilities, Musk said that once it’s out, “you’ll see what it’s like. It’s amazing. It’s clearly going to work.”
Click here to read the story from usatoday.com.
Questions for Classroom Discussion
- What is product development?
- What does it mean for a company to “bring a product to market”?
- What types of things must companies do when developing products before bringing them to market?
- What is product differentiation? How is Tesla planning to differentiate its new line of vehicles, based on information from this story?
- Do you think Tesla’s new product will be in high demand once the company is ready to bring them to market? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers.