In 2020, the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, was one of the first major events to be canceled because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Travel plans were upended, venues were shuttered and many businesses took a hit.
Click here to read the story at nbcnews.com.
- What is economic impact as it relates to events?
- What is SXSW?
- Why is SXSW important to the city of Austin?
- How did the pandemic impact this event and the city of Austin?
- What is event marketing?
- Why are brands interested in establishing a presence at SXSW?
- What types of companies do you think are typically at the event?
- Based on information from this story, what is the expectation for this year’s event from an economic perspective?