Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 saw more false advertising food and beverage cases filed than any year prior, continuing a trend in this area. One hundred seventy-seven actions were filed in 2019, up from 164 in 2018, and 145 in 2016 and 2017. To put these numbers in context, there were only 53 of these cases filed in 2011.
Click here to read the story at food dive.com.
- What is positioning?
- How do marketers use packaging and labeling to help sell products?
- How can packaging, labeling and positioning help a brand to sell more products?
- What is false advertising?
- What are ethics?
- Is false advertising legal?
- Is false advertising ethical?
- Why do you think false advertising cases in food and beverage are on the rise?
- Who is responsible for regulating advertising and labeling in the United States?
- Why is it important for them to protect consumers?