With retail foot traffic slowly coming back, brands are starting to test the waters of post-pandemic physical retail via pop-ups.
Brands like Studs, Rails, Louis Vuitton and Dior have opened or are opening pop-up shops in April and May, in an attempt to gauge their customers’ interest in shopping in-person or to test new markets.
Click here to read the story at glossy.co.
- What is the difference between retail and e-commerce?
- Why do you think retail has struggled in the last year during the pandemic?
- Why might retail be positioned for growth?
- Why is retail important for fashion brands?
- What is a pop-up?
- What is the benefit of a pop-up?
- What disadvantages might their be to a pop-up?
- Why do you think brands are testing retail with pop-ups?
- According to this story, what is one example of a brand who has opened or will open a pop-up soon?
- In your opinion, will the pop-up experiment lead to more fashion brands opening physical retail stores next year? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers.