Ford, following in the footsteps of Ferrari, is increasing its non-automotive merchandise in an effort to create a wider ranging brand.
The company just hired Alexandra Ford English, daughter of Ford executive chair Bill Ford and great-great granddaughter of Henry Ford, to the newly-created position of global brand merchandising director.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promomarketing.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is a lifestyle brand?
- What is positioning?
- Why do you think Ford is positioning itself as a lifestyle brand?
- Do you think this is an effective positioning strategy for Ford? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Ford is expanding its merchandise sales operation?
- How might selling merchandise help Ford from a branding perspective?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do you think so many brands are releasing merchandise?
- What is customer service?
- Based on information from this story, how did Ford use its merchandising platform from a customer service perspective?