Gap, the ailing fashion label, wants to make a comeback. It’s planning to collaborate with other major brands, including everything from Kanye West’s luxury fashion house Yeezy to, well, one of the biggest retailers of all, Walmart.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution such an important function of marketing?
- How might this story demonstrate the concept of distribution?
- What is a brand?
- Is Gap a brand? Is Walmart a brand?
- Why would Gap want to collaborate with Walmart and vice versa?
- How might both brands benefit from this partnership?
- If you were a marketing professional working for Gap, what would you do to try to revive the brand? Be prepared to discuss your answers.