Gatorade is entering the energy drink category with a caffeinated spin-off called Fast Twitch.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Based on information from this news story, describe Gatorade’s new product.
- Who might represent competition for the new product?
- Why do you think Gatorade would want to enter the energy drink market?
- Do you think determining a product name represents an important part of the product management process? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Gatorade decided to name the new product Fast Twitch?
- What is product differentiation?
- What has Gatorade done to differentiate Fast Twitch from Red Bull?
- According to this story, when is the new product supposed to launch?
- What is packaging?
- Why do you think Gatorade chose the packaging strategy described in this article?
- What is a demographic?
- Which demographic will Gatorade target with its marketing for the new product? Why?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do you think Gatorade sponsors the NFL?
- How might that sponsorship help build awareness for the new product?