While consumers are willing to eat gluten-free, there is some debate as to whether they are doing so for health reasons or due to allergies. Studies have shown that the majority of consumers eating gluten-free foods are not intolerant to the protein, but products featuring this free-from claim continue to be popular.
Click here to read the story at fooddive.com.
- What is product differentiation?
- What is an example of a brand that represents competition to Oreos?
- How might selling Gluten free Oreos help the brand to differentiate itself from its competitors?
- What is market research?
- How does market research help identify consumer behavior patterns?
- Based on information from this story, how might consumer behavior be shifting in a way that would influence Oreo’s decision?
- According to this story, why do consumers buy gluten free products?
- Why might that information be important to marketers?