Ever wish you could get paid for inventing and taste-testing snacks? Well, that’s Mike Connolly’s job! As part of our Research & Development team, he’s been making cookies and crackers for us for over 30 years. What’s he been up to lately? He helped lead the team that invented our latest snack innovation: Goldfish Mega Bites—the bigger, cheesier reboot of the classic Goldfish, made specifically for adults!
Click here to read the story at campbellsoupcompany.com.
- What does the Senior Director of Cookies & Crackers at Campbell Soup Company do?
- How might this represent an example of a career opportunity in marketing?
- Does this sound like a career that might interest you? Why or why not?
- What is research and development?
- Why is R&D important to the creation of new products?
- Based on information from this story, what was the thinking behind Campbell Soup Company’s idea to create a bigger goldfish cracker?
- What is a target market?
- Who do you think the company might be targeting with the launch of a bigger goldfish cracker?