Retailers and shipping companies have struggled to get shoppers’ holiday gifts delivered on time. Now, they’re gearing up for what’s expected to be a brutal season for unwanted goods headed back in their direction.
Following a coronavirus pandemic-fueled surge in online sales, up to $70.5 billion worth of online holiday purchases are expected to be returned…
Click here to read the story at chicagotribune.com.
- What is e-commerce?
- What is retail?
- How has the pandemic influenced the way consumers shop?
- How do consumer behaviors impact retail and e-commerce?
- What is customer service?
- Why is customer service important?
- How might this story represent an example of customer service?
- Do you think it is more expensive for companies to make returns easier? Why or why not?