It’s not a rosy time for the travel and tourism industry.
Hundreds of thousands of people depend on travelers to make their living, from the event planning companies that orchestrate multinational conferences, to the individuals who work behind hotel, car rental, and cruise ship reception desks. Entire communities, like those in the Virgin Islands or Hawaii, depend on tourism as the very foundation of their economies.
Click here to read the story at inc.com.
- How has the pandemic impacted the tourism industry?
- What is a travel and tourism brand?
- Why do you think tourism is so important to the economies of some cities and countries? What about travel and tourism brands?
- How might the pandemic force some destinations and travel/tourism brands to revisit their marketing strategies?
- According to this story, what is one example of an opportunity COVID-19 could provide travel and tourism brands?
- If you were a marketing professional working for a destination or travel/tourism brand, how would you attract visitors during the pandemic? Be prepared to discuss your ideas.