We’re 23 days into March and we had no idea that it was National Ranch Month. All this time we could have been winning prizes from the premier name in condiment branded merchandise—Hidden Valley Ranch.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promo.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why do brands like Hidden Valley Ranch engage in promotional activities?
- Based on information from this story, describe at least one example of a Hidden Valley Ranch promotion from the last year.
- What is the promotion mix?
- How might this story represent at least one component of the promotion mix?
- The article describes HVR as “global lifestyle” brand. What does that mean?
- Do you agree with the assessment that HVR is a global lifestyle brand? Why or why not?
- Why do you think promotional “holidays” like National Ranch Month exist?
- How might the “holiday” benefit a brand like HVR? Can you think of any other brands that might benefit? Be prepared to discuss your answers.