Cheap-chic retailers H&M and Old Navy are moving into Earth Week with a fun take on fashion’s future, following two very different roads.
Working with 11-year-old recycling consultant Ryan Hickman, Old Navy is selecting 51 young GoFundMe innovators to back.
Click here to read the story at mediapost.com.
- What is sustainability?
- Why do some brands put more emphasis on sustainability than others?
- In your opinion, is this something all brands should care about? Why or why not?
- Who do you think might represent H&M or Old Navy’s target market?
- How might a sustainable fashion push help H&M and Old Navy to reach that target market?
- Why do you think they are launching these campaigns around Earth Week?
- Based on information from this story, describe Old Navy’s strategy.
- Based on information from this story, describe H&M’s strategy.
- Despite two different approaches, do you think both brands have a similar goal? Why or why not?
- What is “cheap-chic” as described in this news story?
- What is positioning?
- How might being labeled “cheap-chic” represent the concept of positioning?